A few weeks ago, my women's club hosted a fun training on Pinterest. Several members brought food made from recipes found on Pinterest. I decided to try out a recipe for S'Mores Rice Krispies Pinwheels. The pin came from Trish at the MomOnTimeOut.com blog. Here's the link to her original post. When I made them for the training, I thought that the pinwheel process was a bit putzy for Rice Krispies Bars. So a few days ago, I tweaked the recipe a bit to just make bars. They really do taste like S'mores and with summer coming to an end here in the Minnesota, this will be the perfect recipe to keep the flavor alive all winter!
S'Mores Rice Krispies Bars
(adapted from recipe found at momontimeout.com)
2 pkgs-10 oz mini marshmallows
1/2 cup butter
9 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
7 oz jar marshmallow creme
4 Hershey's chocolate bars
1. Melt butter in large pan.
2. Add mini marshmallows to pan and stir until melted.
3. Remove from stove. Add graham cracker crumbs and then Rice Krispies.
4. Press half of mixture into greased 13 x 9 pan. Press down firmly (I put a baggie on my hand like a glove and grease it with butter.)
5. Spread marshmallow creme over top.
6. Place Hershey's chocolate bars on top of marshmallow creme.
7. Place in microwave on power level 7, for about 2 minutes, until chocolate has melted. Spread chocolate evenly.
8. Spoon remaining half of Rice Krispie mixture over chocolate and press down.
9. Place in refrigerator for one hour to set chocolate.
10. Cut into bars. Can be stored at room temperature.